Certification and Training Checklist
Travel team head and assistant coaches and coaches for the skill development and house league programs must complete this online application form to be considered for a coach position.
All team (head and assistant) and program coaches will be approved by the Board of Directors. Learn to Play, Pre Mite Development, and Rookie Mite coaches will be selected prior to the start of the season for these programs.
All coaches, board members, volunteers, and anyone else who will have regular contact with, or authority over, athletes. Both USA Hockey and Wellesley Youth Hockey require these members to complete the following steps annually.
Head Coaches, please email the WYHA Director of Coaching with a complete list of adults that will be involved with your teams.
Registration and Certification
The steps outlined below are required steps for all adult coaches, board members, volunteers, and anyone else who will have regular contact with, or authority over, athletes in our program
Register with USA Hockey
- I need a NEW USA Hockey membership for the season https://membership.usahockey.com/
- I think I already have a USA Hockey Number https://www.usahockey.com/registrationconfirmation
- WYHA will reimburse you for the cost of this membership. Please email the WYHA Treasurer, Tim Maul firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your registration.
Complete the National Level Background Screening
- You will need your USA Hockey Number and a digital image of personal identification in order to complete this step.
- Background screens are valid for two seasons.
Complete the USA Hockey Coaching Education Requirements (CEP)
- I am and new coach. I need to start working towards my USA Hockey CEP https://courses.usahockey.com/public/
- I already have an existing CEP. Look it up here. https://cepsearch.usahockey.com/
Complete the SafeSport Program https://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining
PLEASE NOTE that you will need your own USA Hockey Confirmation Number or Referee Number and your own email address to access the training. You can locate your number OR obtain a number here membership.usahockey.com
Complete age-specific Coaching Modules https://www.usahockey.com/agespecificmodules